The Megaro Gyzi Museum is situated in the Halls of the Cultural Centre, where five permanent collections are hosted.
- A collection of authentic engravings with maps, landscapes and dresses of the Cycladic islands from the 15th until the 19th century.
- A collection of old theraic public and private historical manuscripts, selected for display among the 3,500 documents of the Lay Files of the Catholic Diocese of Santorini. These constitute a rich source of information on public and private life in Santorini from late 16th to early 19th century (1573-1819).
- A collection of paintings, donated to Megaro Gyzi by L. Pintos couple.
- A collection of old photographs of scenic Santorini from 1930 to 1956
- A collection of Santorini΄s strata
Operating Season & Museum΄s Hours:
1st May - 31st October: Monday - Saturday: 10:00 - 21:00, Sunday: 10:30 - 16:30
Ticket: 3,00 euros (students: 1,50 euro, free entrance for children under 10 years old)
Tel. +30 22860 23077